Favorite Cleansers

Having quality cleansers is essential to your skin care routine. Our skin is always changing, whether it's due to the weather or your hormones, it is often going through different states. As of right now, my skin is normal to combination. My glasses sit on top of my nose and cheeks, making that area oily throughout the day. However, because it is winter, my forehead has started to dry up a little. That's not a concern for me though, and it shouldn't be for you either because with the help of a few amazing products, dry winter skin won't be an issue 😉

First off, I do not turn to cleansers to take my makeup off. Of course cleansers are more than able to take it off, but if I'm mixing in my cleanser with makeup and letting it all seep into my face what am I really doing? If I wear foundation and slather my cleanser on top of it, that just acts like a barrier in my opinion. I take my makeup off with neutrogena wipes, and THEN apply my cleanser, because even with the wipes not everything is off of my face. I've been wanting to try Take The Day from Clinique, but that's for a different post so I'll focus.

When looking for cleansers, I tend to stay away from those in bars of soap because I find that they're very drying. They make my skin feel tight in a way that if I crack too hard of a smile, it'll hurt. As a result of dry skin, we'll end up with a bad breakout and wrinkles, and no one wants that. As with any skin care product, cleansers come in different forms. I love how creamy and oily cleansers feel on my skin, because I absolutely love giving my skin all the moisture it needs. Foaming cleansers are a hit or miss, they tend to be drying because a lot of them contain sulfate. Sulfates strip your skin of natural oils (that's why these cleansers make our skin feel oddly clean, squeaky clean..too clean). Sulfates bridge the gap between water and oil, making it easier for the cleanser to take all the dirt and oil from your skin. The problem with this is, we often lose the natural oils our skin produces that we actually need. Read the ingredients of the things you buy to put on your face, I cannot stress how important it is to know what you put on your body. Everything you place on your skin, it will absorb and go into your bloodstream. I do not buy random skincare products if I haven't done my research on it first. That being said, everyone enjoys different things on your face. If you have oily skin and you can find a great foaming cleanser without sulfates, and that is what you like to use, then by all means. Maybe in the summer I'll try one out and let you guys know how it goes. For now, let's talk about these two gems that have done wonders for my skin!

L'OCCITANE CLEANSING MILK 


I have been using this cleanser for YEARS (we've taken a few breaks here and there so I can weigh my options out) but I recently found out L'OCCITANE hadn't actually discontinued it like I thought. I wasn't able to find this anywhere, it didn't occur to me that they had just changed up the packaging and I was too stubborn to buy this new one because I believed it just couldn't be as great as the first. This cleanser goes on so nicely into my skin! After removing my makeup as best as I can with wipes, I rub this into my skin and let it sit for a little. It makes no sense to me when people lather a product on and take it off within seconds. You don't think you should let it do its thing and mingle with your skin a little? Well, it should. This cleanser has shea butter in it, which my god, is like putting all the angels of heaven on your skin at once. Not only does it contain shea, it also has licorice extract in it. Licorice is great for evening out your skin tone, because of its high content of glycyrrhizate. I stay far away from products with nothing but chemicals. This world has everything we need, nature is the best remedy! Licorice also has antioxidant properties, meaning it helps your skin produce the oil it needs, meaning soft smooth skin for us. My skin is fairly sensitive, and this does not cause irritation of any kind. I rub it in, let it do its magic, and gently take it off with warm water. You can find this product at any L'OCCITANE store. It is 24 dollars, and the bottle is a good size (6.7fl.oz.) for its price. 


These two cleansers are in no particular order, as I use them at different times. My second pick would have to be Angels On Bare Skin from LUSH. I tend to use this one more at night to exfoliate.

LUSH Angels On Bare Skin


This cleanser is preservative free and 100% natural! I do not like to use this cleanser every day, though I would if my skin agreed with it. Really though, no ones skin would agree with being over exfoliated. Sure, the way our skin feels after we exfoliate it is great, but after a while it strips your face of oils which causes your skin to work extra hard to compensate for that lost oil, and we will end up with unwanted pimples on our face. This cleanser contains almonds as the main ingredient, which are rich in Vitamin E. They hydrate and leave your skin glowing! Sometimes, I like to apply sweet almond oil to my face before bed. Oils are serums are my favorite things in this entire world, and they will do your skin great justice - trust me. I use this cleanser every 2 or 3 days, depending on how my skin is feeling. It also contains lavender, which is soothing for your face, so as you exfoliate, it will calm your skin. On top of that, it has rose and chamomile oils in it. Honestly, this is love in a little jar. Also, what I love about LUSH is that if you collect up the little pots, you get a free fresh face mask! Always a nice little plus. This product goes a long way. I take about a dime sized amount into my hand, mix it in with water and with my other hand I spread it all over my face. As with the other cleanser, I let it sit on my skin. You can feel free to use this on the rest of your body, too.


These two cleansers combined are amazing, and they are my key to smooth, CLEAN, balanced skin. What I use might not be suitable for everyone as we all have different skin, however the things I use on my skin are natural and typically made for everyone seeing as I don't have any major skin issues that would require me to use heavier products that someone without skin issues might not need. I highly recommend these two items, and they're definitely my favorites.

Try them out and let me know how you like them, and how they feel on your skin! If you have any questions about anything I wrote or want me to expand on a topic, let me know. Thank you for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment